1. My old dishwasher has started to leak. Should I just buy a new one?
Not necessarily. If the dishwasher is still working well and has been looked after and kept clean it may just mean replacing a pipe and it is fixed. Of course if you want to update your old appliance you can.
2. How long can I expect my appliance to last?
Lifetimes of appliances can vary depending on amount of use but here is a quick guide.
- Dishwasher averages 10 to 12 years
- Refrigerator 10 to 14 years
- Microwave 10 to 15 years
- Washer 10 to 12 years
- Dryers 15 years and more
- Electric range 16 years
Your particular appliance may last a bit longer or not quite as long. The factors like amount of use and care taken with appliance can influence its life time.
3. Why should I call ASH Appliance?
Our qualified tradesmen stand behind their appliance repairs and aim to provide with an excellent service.
4. Do you give quotes over the phone?
No quotes are given over the phone as we can’t determine the exact problem. What sounds like one problem may in fact be something all together different.
5. Do you use genuine parts for repairs?
We only use genuine replacement parts in all of our appliance repairs at ASH Appliance. We want your appliance to work just as the manufacturer requires.
6. Can I drop my appliance into you to repair?
If you are driving past, there is parking out the front so you can drop in your microwave on the way to work. All other appliances we tend to work at in your home as they are too large and cumbersome to transport.
7. Should I attempt to repair my appliance myself?
Under no circumstances should an unqualified person work on electrical appliances. You could damage the appliance more, blow fuses or kill yourself. Electricity is very dangerous.
8. Do you repair gas appliances?
Yes. We can repair your gas and electric ovens and cook tops and stoves.